January 2017 – Articles of Note
Wednesday January 18th, 2017, 9:50 pm
- Creating a very strong password – many people reported having their social media accounts hacked. First, check what apps have access to your account and delete any you do not recognise. Second and most crucial step is to change your password and make sure it’s really strong.
- Email signature – what to include – this is a recurrent theme. Most email signatures are far too long and contain too many images. Email correspondence is not the place to market either your business or yourself. Keep the signature simple yet informative. This Quora post outlines what vital information to include and what to omit.
- Hashtag your email for easy searching – you can add a hidden hashtag to emails you search which can make it easier for you to find them. This gem is thanks to Michael Einstein my fellow IORG board member.
- Oxford college apologises for sharing names of rejected applicants – this is perhaps the worst email fiasco for some time. Hertford College sent an email to each reject with the list of all those who had been rejected! A real case of send in haste and repent at leisure.
- Uncivil lawyers get personal …in all-staff email – yes even solicitors can forget the difference between Reply and Reply-All when airing personal grievances. Maybe not suprising their firm (King & Wood Mailesons) is in administration but suspect the two key players (Tim Taylor and George Pinkham) might have difficulty finding new jobs after this email fiasco!
How can you safeguarding your organisation from the risks of such email fiascos? One easy way is to invite Mesmo Consultancy to run an email management and business email etiquette masterclass.
For more time saving tips and hints why not buy a copy of one of our books
or let us run a Smart Email Management workshop
for you and your colleagues.
Tags: business email etiquette, Email fiasco, email management, George Pinkham, Hertford College, IORG, King & Wood Mailesons, Mesmo Consultancy, Michael Einstein, Oxford, Quora, Strong Password