Articles and Blogs of Note – February 2015
Friday February 13th, 2015, 10:07 pm
January into February are often lean months for good news stories outside of real major world events. From a technology standpoint, three threads really stood out, security, email etiquette and the effect of mobile devices on our wellbeing. In the light of the Sony hacking offensive the emphasis on cyber crine and email etiquette is not surprising. Here are our top five articles and blogs of note.
Articles of note
- Sony hacking saga – the true reputational damage as Amy Pascal steps down. A summary of events and the cost to personal professional lives when a hacker finds email which should never have been sent in the first place.
- Being a good diplomat takes more than Ferrero Rocher. Appalled at the lack of language and social skills, the Foreign Office set up a new Academy to enable its Diplomats to regain their standing overseas. They will be taught not only languages such as Mandarin but also how to use social media. Will the courses extend to email etiquette and when its more effective to use pen and paper rather than email? There is also a very good article in The Times with some tips and hints which might give anyone a competitive advantage during sales negotiation (but you need a subscription to read it).
- FTSE 350 cyber governance health check tracker report. Although aimed at larger organisations, it makes excellent reading for every business owner and IT Director.
- Symantec cyber crime survival guide. A short video on how to reduce the risk of a cyber attack and manage the after effects. You can download a handy aid memoir. Interestingly user education is a key point.
- Switching on outside office risks relationships. A new study from Surrey University has found that the long hours culture predicated by mobile devices and email overload is increasing levels of stress.
If email security, email etiquette or the impact of email overload on well being are on your agenda for 2015, why not contact Mesmo Consultancy now for a free consultation? Either call us on +44 (0)1202 434340 or email us.
For more time saving tips and hints why not buy a copy of one of our books
or let us run a Smart Email Management workshop
for you and your colleagues.
Tags: Articles of note, cyber crime, email etiquette, email overload, email security, Sony hacking, well being