Articles of Note – October 2015
Monday October 26th, 2015, 10:31 pm
Even prior to the TalkTalk hack, password protection and the on going stream of email spoofs were a significant focus of the last few months. The latter are always phishing to relieve you very cheaply and easily of your hard earned money.
- TalkTalk’s was hacked by a 15 year old. The number of customers’ financial information stolen might be less than expected. But it reveals just how vulnerable such websites are to the determined hacker.
- The worst fifteen hacks – it’s to early to know the full extent of the TalkTalk hack and whether or not it ranks in the top twenty worst cyber crimes. Here is the list thus far.
- Password protection. There are a number of good password protection applications. Here is a useful summary of the best of the bunch.
- Spotting spam emails still seems to defy some. This is a very good reminder of the key signs that the email you think is genuine is not.
- Out of office messages are a two fold hazard. They act as a cheap backdoor to cyber criminals and an excuse to take a peek at emails whilst technically on leave.
For more time saving tips and hints why not buy a copy of one of our books
or let us run a Smart Email Management workshop
for you and your colleagues.
Tags: Articles of note, cybercrime, out of office message, password protection, Spam, Spoof emails, TalkTalk