Monday August 3rd, 2015, 4:28 pm
Not surprisingly most articles which have caught our attention relate to the challenge of whether or not to disconnect whilst on holiday. Here are a few which should give you food for thought about why and how to go for an email detox and disconnect.
- How to switch of from work when you go on holiday. A good read with excellent advice on what to do before and during your holiday.
- What obsessive-compulsive phone checking is doing to your brain. In a word – destroying it. We have been saying this for years based on UK data. Now an American psychologist has proved it conclusively. All the more reason to switch off whilst on leave.
- Going on vacation – don’t pack your email. Taking an email free vacation gives you space to relax properly, work on relationships which will benefit from some TLC and think more at a higher level.
- Hotels offer you a digital detox. If you don’t quite have the will power to switch off yourself, then find a hotel which will help you have not just email free vacation and completely disconnect. Scary.
- You’ve got mail (all the bloody time). And its not just business related, but social matters too. Draws on the work of various leading email management gurus with tips and hints on how to switch off and calm down.
And just in case you are careless with your Out of Office message.
- Cyber insecurity: when 95% isn’t good enough. This reinforces the fact that the weakest link in the battle against cyber crime is us the human being. More often than not a breach of security begins with an email and our careless email behavior.
So before you take your vacation, be sure to set a safe and simple Out of Office message which discloses as little information as possible. Then switch off and have a proper break to re-charge the batteries.