Books of note
Sunday June 7th, 2015, 5:16 pm
June books of note
Five books caught our attention over the last few weeks.
- The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg. A 28 day plan to reduce stress and induce a calmer approach to life. It’s relatively jargon free and easy to follow. Does it work? Ask us next month!
- It’s All in Your Head:True Stories of Imaginary Illness by Suzanne O’Sullivan. A very controversial book, but provides plenty of food for thought about how we cope with illness and especially some illnesses which some like O’Sullivan, feel are psychosomatic.
- The Weather Experiment by Peter Moore. Part history, part thriller. The story of the development of weather forecasting techniques and especially the barometer.
- A Curious Friendship by Anna Thomasson. The story of the relationship between the blue stocking Edith Oliver and bright young thing Rex Whistler. Again a historical drama which is engrossing if not a little long.
- Wagner’s Ring of the Nibelung: A companion by Stewart Spencer and Barry Millington. OMG you may well say. This is because one of the team is going to hear The Ring later this year.
For more time saving tips and hints why not buy a copy of one of our books
or let us run a Smart Email Management workshop
for you and your colleagues.
Tags: Anna Thomasson, Books of note, Meditatio, Sharon Salzber, Stewart Spencer and Barry Millington, Suzanne O'Sullivan, Wagner's Ring