Showing items tagged with "Anna Thomasson" - 1 found.
Posted Sunday June 7th, 2015, 5:16 pm by Dr Monica Seeley
Five books caught our attention over the last few weeks.
- The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg. A 28 day plan to reduce stress and induce a calmer approach to life. It’s relatively jargon free and easy to follow. Does it work? Ask us next month!
- It’s All in Your Head:True Stories of Imaginary Illness by Suzanne O’Sullivan. A very controversial book, but provides plenty of food for thought about how we cope with illness and especially some illnesses which some like O’Sullivan, feel are psychosomatic.
- The Weather Experiment by Peter Moore. Part history, part thriller. The story of the development of weather forecasting techniques and especially the barometer.
- A Curious Friendship by Anna Thomasson. The story of the relationship between the blue stocking Edith Oliver and bright young thing Rex Whistler. Again a historical drama which is engrossing if not a little long.
- Wagner’s Ring of the Nibelung: A companion by Stewart Spencer and Barry Millington. OMG you may well say. This is because one of the team is going to hear The Ring later this year.