Posted Sunday January 19th, 2014, 11:02 am by Dr Monica Seeley
Day 1 – Why Bother?
Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed, nothing else can be managed. Peter Drucker
Email overload has been a disease of office life for over a decade and yet we still have no effective remedy. Here are the top five ways that email overload can endanger both your own and your organisation’s health and well being:
- Time wasted
- Key emails are missed which can mean lost business
- Poor quality communications which lead to misunderstanding at worst legal action
- Email overload causes stress
- Imbalanced work-life balance – too much time on work and not enough attention to home matters
Email overload means our potential to be productive and creative is significantly reduced. The starting point for Clean Out Your Inbox Week is to assess just how much time you can save by cleaning out your inbox this week.
Step 1 – Check the Cost of Email Overload to yourself and your business
Use our Cost of Email Misuse Calculator and dare to share the results as above.
Step 2 – Weigh in
- Check how many emails are in your inbox.
- What is the date of the oldest.
- How many are unread.
- Daring to share the results by one of the following: Email; Facebook: Twitter (using #cleaninbox)
Step 3 – Set yourself SMART goals for the week and plan how they will be achieved
Dare to share
For more resource
Follow me on Twitter using #cleaninbox.
Join our Facebook page and Like us please.