Posted Saturday December 21st, 2013, 6:59 pm by Dr Monica Seeley
Here are our top five tips to help you relax and reduce the risk of cyber crime happening to either you or your business for example, identity theft, denial of service, loss of sensitive data and home burglary etc. The key is to disconnect but if you find that hard then be discrete about what you say and post.
- Go ‘cold turkey’ over the holiday, at least on Christmas and Boxing Day.
- Set a safe and simple Out of Office.
- Avoid posting on social media sites about presents and where you will be, especially if you are going away.
- Watch out for unusual emails which will probably be phishing emails taking you to bogus websites that may capture your personal details.
- Never email under the influence of drink – when your judgement and vision could be impaired.
For some more suggestions on how reduce email overload overload and to take time our from the digital world and especially from email click here to see my latest blog on Huffington.co.uk. The article also contains ways to re-balance your work-life balance and reduce stress.
If all else fails you might want to check your level of email addiction click here to start. At Mesmo Consultancy have helped may business people reduce their level of email addiction and improve their work-life balance. Call us for an informal discussion about how we can help you.