Declutter your inbox – Bay 102.8 FM at 12.00 noon Friday 20 January
Posted Friday January 20th, 2012, 11:17 am by Dr Monica Seeley
Declutter your inbox with Geoff Carter on The Bay 102.8 FM
Friday 20 January 2012 with
At the start of the year many people probably set a new year’s resolution to stay on top of their email and not let the inbox run their day but rather make sure they run the inbox. Monday January 23 is ‘Blue Monday ‘ the most depressing day when many let go of their cherished new year’s resolutions. For those who wanted to make 2012 the year of the ‘empty inbox’, and reclaim their lives from the inbox and maybe even fight their email addiction help is at hand now.
The 5th international Clean Out Your Inbox Week takes place week beginning 23 January 2012. The goal is to provide business leaders with the tools and incentive to enable them and their colleagues to make 2012 the year they really combat email overload and email addiction.
Its free and you can join in either by following my blog each day or email us and we will send you details of each days activites. There will be competitions and prizes each day to keep you on track.
Meanwhile, here are the top five ways reach that coverted empty inbox status and declutter your inbox now.
- Sort by date then by subject and person and delete all those old chains.
- Move all emails over a week old in to a separate folder (eg called ‘Old’)
- Flag any which still need action (or create a task from them) and move them to a seperate ‘Action’ folder.
- Be ruthless about those newsletters you receive and keep unsubscribing.
- Use rules to move all non esscential emails to folders for attention later.
Once you have an empty inbox the trick is to keep it that way. Join us for Clean Out Your inbox Week January 23 to 27and make 2012 the year you declutter your inbox.